- You may be perfectly sober while driving after midnight, but remember that many others are not. Watch out for drunk drivers!
- You may not be perfectly sober after midnight so punch 1-800-AAA-HELP into your cell phone. A tow truck will take you and your car home. You do not have to be an AAA member to use this FREE service.
- It is scheduled to be rainy on New Year’s Eve, rain and impaired drivers do not mix. Drive safely and watch out for others who don’t.
- New Years Eve and New Years Day are the fifth most dangerous holiday to drive (Thanksgiving is number one). Many are trying to get home from holiday vacations. This leads to tired drivers and drivers unfamiliar with the roads. Keep your eye out for them!
- Lastly, embrace the great things that 2009 brought you whether it be family, friends, good health or challenges that you learned from. Look forward with expectation that 2010 will be better than 2009—no matter how great 2009 was!
In my personal injury law practice, I meet a lot of good people that have bad things happen to them. I admire how some of my clients tackle the challenge of an injury and adjust. I also know that many cannot easily adjust to an injury or death of a loved one. They question why them and struggle about how their life will be forever changed. I am honored to have been able to help them through their challenges in 2009 and look forward to helping them and others in 2010.
Have a safe and joyous New Year's Eve and New Year!